Jan 25, 2024

Dreamland.

 

 


Colby Mills once felt destined for a musical career, until tragedy grounded his aspirations. Now the head of a small family farm in North Carolina, he spontaneously takes a gig playing at a bar in St. Pete’s Beach, Florida, seeking a rare break from his duties at home. 


But when he meets Morgan Lee, his world is turned upside-down, making him wonder if the responsibilities he has shouldered need dictate his life forever. The daughter of affluent Chicago doctors, Morgan has graduated from a prestigious college music program with the ambition to move to Nashville and become a star. Romantically and musically, she and Colby complete each other in a way that neither has ever known. 


While they are falling headlong in love, Beverly is on a heart-pounding journey of another kind. Fleeing an abusive husband with her six-year-old son, she is trying to piece together a life for them in a small town far off the beaten track. With money running out and danger seemingly around every corner, she makes a desperate decision that will rewrite everything she knows to be true. 


In the course of a single unforgettable week, two young people will navigate the exhilarating heights and heartbreak of first love. Hundreds of miles away, Beverly will put her love for her young son to the test. And fate will draw all three people together in a web of life-altering connections . . . forcing each to wonder whether the dream of a better life can ever survive the weight of the past. 

 

 

Since I was 17 years old, I have been reading Nicholas Sparks' books, so I shouldn't be surprised by them anymore. But every time, he manages to catch me off guard. My list of books to read has included Dreamland ever since it was released. This month's book selection for my book club was Dreamland, and I'm so happy that I've finally had a chance to read it. I had to take my time reading because I didn't want to finish it too quickly. Because Dreamland was told from both Colby and Beverley's points of view, it seemed like I was reading two separate stories. I was curious to know if there was a connection between the two stories, as his books usually have one. I couldn't help but wonder if Beverley and Colby would cross paths. Or if he manages to save Beverley in some way? The questions we couldn't help but ask during our weekly book club discussions. I adore that there was a sense of mystery included in Dreamland. 

 
The book had great perspectives from both Colby and Beverley, but I thought Colby's was easier to read and more fascinating than Beverley's. The mystery surrounding Beverley's story developed throughout the narrative, becoming even more intriguing. I questioned whether Beverley and her son would be able to get away from her husband or if he would eventually track them down. If he did find them, I couldn't imagine the consequences. I was terrified for them both and realized that I was experiencing the same anxiety as Beverely. The plot of Colton's story was lighter and more romantic in nature. Its musical element was another thing I adored about it; I always find myself drawn to books with musical elements. I could not help but wonder how the two stories would be related. 


The connection between Morgan and Colby was obvious. There didn't seem to be much development between the two of them meeting and falling in love, in my opinion, even though I could tell they fell in love quickly. I firmly think that their shared passion for music is what first drew them together. Though I was cheering for the two of them, I couldn't help but wonder if their relationship would survive. I find myself thinking about that ending nonstop. I found myself going back to read it after the first time to make sure I understood it correctly. That, I believe, is the most surprising turn of events I have ever read in any of his books. My all-time favorite romance writer is Nicholas Sparks for a reason. I can't wait to see what journey he has in store for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon