Mar 28, 2022

E.R Nurses.

 
 
 

Around the clock, across the country, these highly skilled and compassionate men and women sacrifice and struggle for us and our families. 


You have never heard their true stories. Not like this. From big-city and small-town hospitals. From behind the scenes. From the heart. 


This book will make you laugh, make you cry, make you understand. 


When we’re at our worst, E.R. nurses are at their best. 

 

 

 Heartbreaking. Inspirational. 


Nurses are heroes. I always had through that way before the pandemic hit. I have been to the hospital for surgeries and E.R. throughout the years when I got extremely sick. The nurses that were on the shift always took fantastic care of me. I had even considered studying nursing but then realized that I wouldn’t be able to handle death well, so I decided to study to be a Physical Therapy Assistant instead. However, I have a few nursing friends and one in nursing school. So when I came across E.R Nurses while looking for a book at the library, I was excited and couldn’t wait to read the book. I knew that I was going to love the book, but even I didn’t realize how much I would fall in love with the stories. I don’t think there are words to explain all the emotions that I am feeling right now. 


I loved how the authors wrote the book, breaking down different types of nurses. I had enjoyed reading stories by different stories, and there were relatively few that were heartbreaking to read. Even though I wasn’t there and was not a nurse, all the descriptions throughout the book made me feel like I was there. Everything that these nurses see, and I can’t even imagine losing a patient after taking care of them for a while. That’s one of the things that I don’t think I would be able to deal with well. There is so much grief and pain that they must endure, and they are not always valued for what they do. Nurses do so much. I appreciate every single one of them. 


Of the authors, James Patterson is the only author I had books by previously, but it has been a few years. Now I am curious about Matt Eversmann and Chris Mooney and curious to see what else they have written. I read non-fiction but not very often. E.R Nurses is one of the best nonfiction I have read this year. I would highly recommend this book but be warned: you will cry. These are the stories that will stay with you for years to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon