Mar 18, 2020

A Pocket Full Of Rye (Miss Marple,#7)

☆☆☆
a pocket full of rye
Miss Marple, #7
 agatha christie

Publisher  Signet
Publication Date: January 1,2000
Genre:  Mystery.
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|220
 Source: Goodreads|Library.














 CONTAINS SPOILERS


Rex Fortescue, king of a financial empire, was sipping tea in his counting house when he suffered an agonizing and sudden death. On later inspection,the pockets of the deceased were found to contain traces of cereals.



Yet, it was the incident in the parlor which confirmed Miss Marple's suspicion that here she was looking at a case of crime by rhyme. . . . 




 




Mysterious. Full of twists.



For as long as I remember, I loved mysteries. Especially the mysteries that will have you guessing until the end. AGATHA CHRISTIE writes one of the best mysteries, and her books have me guessing from beginning until the end. A POCKET FULL OF RYE wasn’t any different, and I found myself reading late into the night. I needed to see what happened next, and of course, I was curious who killed Rex Fortescue and why. As I read the book, it was clear that not many people were fond of him, so there is a big chance that any of them could done it. Any of them could have a motive to kill him. I was curious about what would be discovered, what Miss Marple would find out. I liked the Inspector Neele, and he seemed to ask all the right questions. Yet, I do wonder if he would been able to discover the real murderer if it wasn’t for Miss. Marple. I do know that she did help him about investigation in a way. I could not pull myself away from the book, making me glad that I was on spring break and off work. I found myself reading until I reached the last page.



A POCKET FULL OF RYE did not feature Miss Maple like I would like to. However, she did put the pieces together in the end, as she always does. Like the inspector, I did wonder about the Rye that was found in Rex Fortescue’s pocket and the reason behind it. Was a murder trying to say something, or was it put there before the murder? That’s what I loved about the book, and there was not a moment where you weren’t curious about what is going to come next. The details, the way that all the characters reacted, it felt so real. A POCKET FULL OF RYE was filled with so many details, I felt as I was there along with inspector Neele, investigating the murders along with them. Of course, I loved how Miss Maples explained about who the actual crime was, and it was not who I was suspecting at all. Those moments had always been my favorite part of AGATHA CHRISTIE books. It has been a while since I read a book by her, and now that I have again, I am craving to read more.



If you love mysteries, crime with unexpected twists. This is an author, a series that will keep you on edge of your seat. Be prepared for a thrilling ride!



1 comments:

Carol said...

I was just thinking I should pick up a Christie book. They tend to be my comfort reads.

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon