Mar 23, 2019

Only A Breath Apart.

☆☆☆
only a breath apart.
katie mcgarry.

Publisher  Tor Teen.
Publication Date:January 22,2019.
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Ebook|365.
 Source:  Goodreads|Owned. 















CONTAINS SPOILERS



Jesse Lachlin is cursed.



So the town folklore says, but while Jesse’s had his fair share of tragedy, the only curse he believes is in his grandmother’s will: in order to inherit his family farm he must win the approval of his childhood best friend, the girl he froze out his freshman year, Scarlett Copeland.



Scarlett Copeland is psychic.



Glory Gardner tells Scarlett she has hidden psychic abilities, but Scarlett thinks Glory is delusional. What is real is Scarlett’s father’s irrational fears, controlling attitude, and the dark secrets at home. Scarlett may have a way to escape, but there’s a hitch: she’ll have to rely on the one person she used to trust, the same boy who broke her heart, Jesse Lachlin.



Each midnight meeting pushes Jesse and Scarlett to confront their secrets and their feelings for each other. But as love blooms, the curse rears its ugly head… 



 
 





Heartbreaking, beautifully written story.



I have been a huge KATIE MCGARRY fan, ever since I read Pushing The Limits series few years earlier. So far, there was not a book by her that I didn’t love. When I found out that she wrote a new book, I knew that I needed to check it out. I had a feeling that I was going to fall in love with it. I was right. ONLY A BREATH APART was one of her most heart wrenching novels that I have read, at least for me it was. At the same time, it pulled you in to the point where you found yourself reading late into night. I was on family vacation when I started the book and had more time to read then I usually do. ONLY A BREATH APART was magical, filled with a lot of emotions. I was still going through the emotions long after I finished the book. My heart broke for both Jesse and Scarlett, and I hoped that both would be able to get their happily after. I loved that the story started from when both were young and continued as they were older. I enjoyed reading from both of their point of views, because that way I got glimpse of both, Jesse and Scarlett and their emotions, thoughts. Reading from their point of view, I felt as I got to know them better and be able to relate to them better.



From start, I wondered if they would reunite. I was curious if reason Jesse decided to patch things up with Scarlett, so he could get her vote. As book progressed, as the two of them started spending time together, I could tell how much Jesse cared about Scarlett. How Jesse tried to protect Scarlett when he found out about Scarlett’s father. I knew there was something not right about Scarlett’s father from the start, and I also knew that her mother would never leave him, not the way that she kept making excuses for him. I hated her father. I do wish that Scarlett told someone sooner and got out of that situation faster. I also knew if Scarlett’s mother let him stay, control her, one day he would end up killing her. I was glad that there was someone for Scarlett in the end, to help her through it. I can’t even begin to imagine how it is to go through something so horrific. I loved the scenes between Jesse and Scarlett, it was clear how much they cared for one another. When I reached the end of book, I did wonder what happened to them after. Despite the story being sad, I couldn’t put it down. There wasn’t a single moment in the book that did not keep my attention, it was breathtaking.



ONLY A BREATH APART is a story that will make you cry, it did with me few times, and a story that you will think about afterwards. Me, I couldn’t get out of my mind for while once I reached the end. I knew there was a reason that I loved KATIE MCGARRY novels. I am already eager to see what she has in store for us next. ONLY A BREATH APART will break your heart, and at the same time it will warm your heart. It’s…. haunting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon