Nov 1, 2018

Monday's Not Coming.

☆☆☆
       Monday's not coming.
   Tiffany d. Jackson

Publisher  Katherine Tegen.
Publication Date: May 22,2018.
Genre: YA Contemporary | Suspense.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|448.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.














 CONTAINS SPOILERS



Monday Charles is missing, and only Claudia seems to notice. Claudia and Monday have always been inseparable—more sisters than friends. So when Monday doesn’t turn up for the first day of school, Claudia’s worried. When she doesn’t show for the second day, or second week, Claudia knows that something is wrong. Monday wouldn’t just leave her to endure tests and bullies alone. Not after last year’s rumors and not with her grades on the line. Now Claudia needs her best—and only—friend more than ever. But Monday’s mother refuses to give Claudia a straight answer, and Monday’s sister April is even less help.



As Claudia digs deeper into her friend’s disappearance, she discovers that no one seems to remember the last time they saw Monday. How can a teenage girl just vanish without anyone noticing that she’s gone? 



 






Wow! What a story. Heartbreaking. Realistic. Brilliant.



I’m not sure if I be able to explain how much I loved this book. MONDAY’S NOT COMING felt so real, I could actually imagine it happening. Like Claudia, I wonder how nobody noticed or seemed to care that Monday didn’t come back to school. I probably wouldn’t been worried the first couple days like Claudia was, but by second week, I was. Considering that Monday seemed to love school. After what happened to her, it made sense why she did. It was her escape. I had the feeling that there were something wrong with Monday’s mother, way she wouldn’t even let Claudia in, slammed door in her face. Her behavior made me wonder, was she hiding something? Did she know something? There were red flags there, and Claudia wasn’t the only one to notice that something was off with Mrs. Charles. She wasn’t the only one who was acting weird, Monday’s sister, April was too. The way she acted anytime that Claudia brought up Monday, gave me a feeling that she knew something about Monday.



I liked Claudia, I loved fact that she was one of people who knew something wasn’t right. She never gave up looking for Monday. I knew that she felt lost without her best friend by her side. I don’t want to even imagine losing my best friend, the way that Claudia lost Monday. How could any parent, done what Mrs. Charles done to August and Monday? It no wonder that Monday lost it when Claudia kept asking her where August was. I wondered why she freaked out like that. Now it all made sense. I couldn’t even imagine keeping something like that a secret, I wouldn’t been able to. MONDAY’S NOT COMING was a hard book to read at times. Like Claudia, I knew something was off, about Monday before she even went missing. It seemed as Claudia was the only one who was concerned that Monday was missing. How could nobody notice a teen missing? For weeks?



Even I didn’t see that twist coming. Like Claudia, I was in shock. 2 years? How could she forget fact that Monday’s death happened over 2 years ago. It made sense why her parents weren’t worried. Question was, why didn’t they tell her earlier then they did? The twists like those is what makes the book even more interesting. I couldn’t get enough of this story, I practically spend most of the day reading it. I wanted to know how it would all end. MONDAY’S NOT COMING is the first book that I read by TIFFANY D. JACKSON and I am already excited her others. I am in love, with the story, the characters.



A MUST READ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon