Jan 7, 2018

American Drifter.

☆☆☆
american drifter.
heather graham.
chad michael murray.

Publisher Forge.
Publication Date: November 14,2017.
Genre:Contemporary Romance|Thriller
Format|Pages: Hardcover|316.
      Source:  Goodreads|Library.










 CONTAINS SPOILERS



A young veteran of the US Army, River Roulet is struggling to shake the horrors of his past. War is behind him, but the memories remain. Desperate to distract himself from the images haunting him daily, River abandons the world he knows and flees to the country he's always dreamed of visiting: Brazil.



Rio de Janeiro is everything he hoped for and more. In the lead-up to Carnaval, the city is alight with music, energy, and life. With a few friends at his side, River seems to be pulling his life together at last.



Then he meets the enchanting Natal, an impassioned journalist and free spirit--who lives with the gangster that rules much of Rio.



As their romance blossoms, River and Natal flee together into the interior of Brazil, where they are pursued by the sadistic drug lord, Tio Amato, and his men. When River is forced to kill one of those men, the chase becomes even deadlier. Not only is the powerful drug boss after them, the Brazilian government is on their trail as well.



Will the two lovers escape--and will River ever be free of the bloody memories that haunt him? 



 






A stunning, heart aching love story.



I had been fan of CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY since he appeared on One Tree Hill and when I found out that he Co-wrote a book, I knew that I had to check it out. Romance, thriller seemed like my type of book. I didn’t have high expectations when I picked the book, since it was Chad’s first book, and I never read book by HEATHER GRAHAM before picking up this one. Did not take me long into I was hooked into the story. I ended up reading it most of the night, I didn’t want to put it down. There wasn’t a page, a chapter where something wasn’t happening. I got so observed in River’s adventures and I wanted to see where it would take him, if he would be able to escape the past that was haunting him. I also wondered if he would return back home or if he would remain in Brazil.




Not only did I love the names, River and Natal, which are most unique names that I came across in a book. I loved the relationship between the two of them, it was clear for me how the two of them fell about each other, even before they admitted it. I believe that River was more at peace when he was with Natal, she made him forget what he faced while he was in military, for a while. The adventures that Natal and River went on while in Brazil, most of them sounded breathtaking. I never been to Brazil, and while I read AMERICAN DRIFTER I imagined that I was there, along with River and Natal. Their journey seemed magical. At least most of it was, up until towards the end. I did not expect that twist at the end, it came as complete shock to me. I couldn’t help but wonder which part of adventures that River went while in Brazil were real. That ending added a bit more mystery to the story.



AMERICAN DRIFTER was a first book I read by HEATHER GRAHAM and I heard a lot about author and now I see why. I am eager to pick up the other books that she had written now. As for CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY astonishing debut novel and I am hoping that he writes more in future. If you love romance with suspense and thriller in mix, I would highly recommend AMERICAN DRIFTER .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon