Mar 18, 2024

The Last Letter.

 

 
 
 

Beckett,
If you’re reading this, well, you know the last-letter drill. You made it. I didn’t. Get off the guilt train, because I know if there was any chance you could have saved me, you would have. 


I need one thing from you: get out of the army and get to Telluride. 


My little sister Ella’s raising the twins alone. She’s too independent and won’t accept help easily, but she has lost our grandmother, our parents, and now me. It’s too much for anyone to endure. It’s not fair.
And here’s the kicker: there’s something else you don’t know that’s tearing her family apart. She’s going to need help. 


So if I’m gone, that means I can’t be there for Ella. I can’t help them through this. But you can. So I’m begging you, as my best friend, go take care of my sister, my family. 


Please don’t make her go through it alone. 


Ryan 

 

 

There are no words. Be prepared for heartbreak. 


I should have known I would fall in love, only to have my heart broken. There is a part of me that can't believe how it ended. I keep thinking, "Could that be the end?". But that’s what made The Last Letter one of the best and most emotional reads for 2024. I'm not surprised by how good it is, as I've read other books by Rebecca Yarros. My only regret is that I didn’t read this book sooner; it has been on my reading list for months I am pleased that the book club I am a part of has chosen this book for this month. Even though I finished it a few days ago, I can't seem to get the characters and the story out of my head. 


I loved most of the characters in the book, but my favorites were the twins Colt and Maisie. I adored their relationship and how they always watched out for each other. I can't even begin to imagine what Colt must have been feeling, and with what Maisie was facing, my heart broke for him and Ella. They didn't behave like typical six-year-olds; rather, they displayed an astonishing level of maturity. There were times I would forget how young they were. Beckett was my favorite character, despite disagreeing with some of his choices. I hoped he would tell Ella sooner, as delaying would make it harder. 


Letters were my favorite part of the book. I always looked forward to reading the letters between Beckett and Ella that Yarros included in every chapter. It was impossible not to love Ella; she had an inner strength despite her outward appearance. I adored every aspect of this book, experiencing the emotions of each character. The Last Letter is a book that you will never forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon