Feb 4, 2024

Murder In The Family.

 

 


SIX EPISODES. ONE KILLER. 

 
It was a case that gripped the nation. In December 2003, Luke Ryder, the stepfather of acclaimed filmmaker Guy Howard (then aged 10), was found dead in the garden of their suburban family home. br> Luke Ryder's murder has never been solved. Guy Howard's mother and two half-sisters were in the house at the time of the murder--but all swear they saw nothing. Despite a high-profile police investigation and endless media attention, no suspect was ever charged. 


But some murder cases are simply too big to forget... 


Now comes the sensational new Netflix series Infamous, dedicated to investigating--and perhaps cracking--this famous cold case. The production team will re-examine testimony, re-interview witnesses, and once again scour the evidence. The family will speak. The key players will be reunited--on camera. 

The truth will come out. 


Are you ready to see it?
 

 

 

 
A novel that will stay with you, long after you turn the last page. 


Title is what pulled me into this book. I love murder thrillers, especially the ones that keep you wondering what will happen next. Due to the different format from what I'm used to, I wasn't sure at first how I would feel about this book. In the end, though, it was among one the best books I've read so far this year. I read this book during naptime when I was filling in for a PreK teacher because I couldn't put it down. It's not a book that you can put down easy, and because of the style, it was occasionally difficult to know when to stop. As you were beginning to piece together what had happened, another, unexpected hint emerged. Several times when I read Murder In The Family, I was caught off guard. 


I was curious to see what would happen, just like everyone else. "Will Luke Ryder's murder finally be discovered?" was the one question that never left my mind, how could you not be interested in learning more? If this cold case could be solved via a television series, that would be interesting. I loved that there were different articles, and pictures and had information about everyone at beginning of the book. I do feel that this book is better read as physical book. I’m so glad that my best friend sent me a physical book as a present. Even after finishing the book last night, I still can't seem to get it out of my head. I found myself discussing parts of this book with my family, and some friends. 


That ending… That caught me off guard. I think that came as shock to everyone, including the director of the show. I still have hard time believing that he didn’t remember that. I’m still thinking about that ending. I adore murder mysteries of this kind, where something unexpected always happens. Fans of murder mysteries should definitely check this out as it's unlike any other murder mystery you've ever read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon