Jun 16, 2022

House Of Sky And Breath(Crescent City,#2)

 
CONTAINS SPOILERS


Bryce Quinlan and Hunt Athalar are trying to get back to normal―they may have saved Crescent City, but with so much upheaval in their lives lately, they mostly want a chance to relax. Slow down. Figure out what the future holds. 


The Asteri have kept their word so far, leaving Bryce and Hunt alone. But with the rebels chipping away at the Asteri's power, the threat the rulers pose is growing. As Bryce, Hunt, and their friends get pulled into the rebels' plans, the choice becomes clear: stay silent while others are oppressed, or fight for what's right. And they've never been very good at staying silent.
 

 

  


There are no words. 


Once again, Sarah J.Maas has me at a loss for words and so many emotions going through me while reading and after finishing the book. By now, I have read most of her books, and nothing should surprise me. But I should know better, especially after an ending like that. An ending that has me craving for the next book in the series, which I know will be a while. I thought about that ending for a bit, long after I turned the book's last page. House of Sky And Breath had a few twists that I did not see coming, but the book's ending surprised me the most. From all her series that I have read, I think that the Crescent City is my favorite one so far. I knew that there was a reason that Sarah J.Maas is one of my favorite fantasy authors, and I am always looking forward to her books. Once you pick up House Of Sky and Breath , it will be impossible to put the book down, I had to force myself to put it down, so I could study. 


How can you not love Bryce and Hunt's relationship? I knew there was something special between the two of them from the moment they met, even if they didn't know it at first. The two of them have the type of relationship that almost everyone wants. I know that sometimes Hunt can be overprotective, but I know that's because he loves her and doesn't want anything to happen to her. I love that the two of them always find time for each other, no matter what happens in their lives. However, I feel that their lives are about to change again in a significant way. I know that they have a lot of challenges that they will have to face on the way. I'm eager to find out what will happen to them next. 


Ruhn. I loved him in the first book, and he became my favorite in House Of Sky And Breath. I loved how he cared about others and offered Ithan to stay at his house after he got kicked out of his pack and accepted him. It seemed as if he was always trying to help others. He's the type of friend that everyone wants. I loved the relationship between him and Daybright, a relationship that Ruhn was missing. I wondered about her identity from the start and knew it was a possibility that it was an enemy. I could tell how much Daybright cared about him, even if she wouldn't admit it at first. When her identity was revealed, Ruhn wasn't the only one shocked. I'm curious to see what's going to happen next. Danika, I knew she had secrets since they kept coming out after her death, and it seemed like more of them kept coming out. I wondered, how many more are out there? What was she hiding? I knew that she kept them from Bryce a secret for a reason, but I can only imagine how Bryce felt, knowing how much Danika kept from her. 


House Of Sky and Breath was action-packed from the start until the last page. I did feel that the first couple of chapters had a slow start. However, once the book picked up, every page had you wondering what would happen next. As I said, I have no words for how I am feeling about this book. I am eager to discover what adventures and challenges await Bryce, Hunt, and their friends next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon