May 17, 2022

Run Rose Run.

 
CONTAINS SPOILERS


Every song tells a story.
She’s a star on the rise, singing about the hard life behind her.
She’s also on the run. Find a future, lose a past. 


Nashville is where she’s come to claim her destiny. It’s also where the darkness she’s fled might find her. And destroy her. 

 

  I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book. I have read few of books from James Patterson Maxim Ride series, and I have enjoyed them. I’m not a big Dolly Parton fan, but I have seen some of her movies and like a few of her songs. When I found out that the two of them had written a book together, I couldn’t help but be curious. The title and the cover captured my attention first, and then I saw their names on the cover. Run Rose Run; how can you not but wonder what is happening there and the title. I knew that I was going to enjoy this book from the moment that I read the summary of the book. From the summary, I was curious about Rose’s past, wondering what she was hiding and how dark her past was. I knew there was a reason that she ran away from it. 


I loved that it took place in Nashville. In March, I visited my grandmother in Tennessee, and we went to Nashville. I might be in the areas that AnnieLee was in, but it was easier for me to picture everything since I have been to Nashville. I loved following AnnieLee’s music journey and the fact that she didn’t give up; despite the number of rejections, she was determined to make it as a musician. I believe that having Ruthanne and Ethan by her side; helped her. I’m glad that she was able to find friends like them. However, I couldn’t help but wonder what secret she left behind, and from what happened to her after she got to Nashville, it couldn’t be anything good. I hoped that whatever AnnieLee was running from wouldn’t come back and haunt her later. But mostly hoped that it wouldn’t hurt the people she loved. 

 
Run Rose Run didn’t have as much thriller as I assumed. I felt that the book focused on AnnieLee’s new start as an aspiring musician. There was some suspense in the book, mostly about her past, and I was curious what or who she was running from. I hoped that Ethan wouldn’t hold it against her if he found out. Despite that, I had enjoyed this book, and of course, I loved the lyrics to the songs and found myself singing along to them as AnnieLee and the others sang them. While reading the book, I couldn’t help but wonder how James and Dolly wrote the books, and I figured those lyrics were Dolly’s, but what about the rest of the book. Run Rose Run took me on an incredible journey and had me falling in love with most of the characters. I love the country music and thrillers, so this was my type of book. I highly recommend giving this book a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon