Apr 16, 2021

Girl In Pieces.

                         ✰

                                        CONTAINS SPOILERS


Charlotte Davis is in pieces. At seventeen she’s already lost more than most people lose in a lifetime. But she’s learned how to forget. The thick glass of a mason jar cuts deep, and the pain washes away the sorrow until there is nothing but calm. You don’t have to think about your father and the river. Your best friend, who is gone forever. Or your mother, who has nothing left to give you. 


Every new scar hardens Charlie’s heart just a little more, yet it still hurts so much. It hurts enough to not care anymore, which is sometimes what has to happen before you can find your way back from the edge. 

  

 


Captivating. Heartbreaking. Powerful. 


Another book that’s playing with my emotions. Oh, man. How do I start? My feelings went in so many different directions through this book. I feel as I have been on a roller coaster ride for hours. I had heard about Girl in Pieces for a while and read few good reviews about the book. When I read the book's synopsis, I was aware that it was going to be a sad book, and it will be hard to read. Yet, I didn’t prepare myself for how hard it would be. The beginning did start a little slow for me, but after a couple of chapters, I kept turning the pages. I wanted to know what happened with Charlie next. I wanted to see if she would get out, and if she did, where would she go? I loved that the three parts of the book told the story from the three different parts of Charlie’s life. I could picture it all, how she got there, what she went through in Arizona as if I was there along with Charlie. 


I loved that part of the story took place in Arizona. I live in Arizona but in a different part. I could imagine the heat since I been through it. Riley. I wanted to like him, and there were times that I did. The moment Charlie had to get him, and found him passed out on the couch, I had a bad feeling about him. I do wish that Charlie listened to the others who warned her about him. When he was high, drunk, I got the feeling that he was too controlling with Charlie, making her do something she didn’t want to, getting angry with her. I knew that Charlie cared about him a lot, considering what she has done for him. However, I don’t think that he loved her. The way he treated her that isn’t love. She should get away from him sooner, but I understand why she didn’t. Charlie wanted to feel needed, to feel loved. 


Charlie had the most character development. She might still have few unresolved issues, but she wasn’t the person she was in the beginning. I’m glad she found some friends to understand her and to be there for her. Girl in Pieces is the first book that I read by Kathleen Glasgow , and I’m glad I finally had the time to read this story. Girl In Pieces isn’t a straightforward story to read, but it’s powerfully, beautifully written.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon