Apr 21, 2019

The Towering Sky (The Thousandth Floor, #3)

☆☆☆
the towering sky.
The Thousandth Floor, #3
 katharine mcGee

Publisher HarperCollins.
Publication Date: August 28,2018.
Genre: YA Science Fiction|Romance
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|464.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.











CONTAINS SPOILERS





Welcome back to New York, 2119. A skyscraper city, fueled by impossible dreams, where the lives of five teenagers have become intertwined in ways that no one could have imagined.



Leda just wants to move on from what happened in Dubai. Until a new investigation forces her to seek help—from the person she’s spent all year trying to forget.



Rylin is back in her old life, reunited with an old flame. But when she starts seeing Cord again, she finds herself torn: between two worlds, and two very different boys.



Calliope feels trapped, playing a long con that costs more than she bargained for. What happens when all her lies catch up with her?



Watt is still desperately in love with Leda. He’ll do anything to win her back—even dig up secrets that are better left buried.



And now that Avery is home from England—with a new boyfriend, Max—her life seems more picture-perfect than ever. So why does she feel like she would rather be anything but perfect?



In this breathtaking finale to The Thousandth Floor trilogy, Katharine McGee returns to her vision of 22nd-century New York: a world of startling glamour, dazzling technology, and unthinkable secrets. After all, when you have everything… you have everything to lose. 


 




Is it over? I don’t want it to end. A astonishing ending to breathtaking series.



I did not think I could fall in love with this series more. I was wrong. Once I reached the ending, I was in shock, even I did not see that coming. I wanted to go back and re-read the series all over again, and I am sure that I will in the future. I can tell why a lot of people were talking about this series, and I wished that I read it sooner than I had. Not only does this series has amazing storylines but the titles and covers. If I were asked which one was my favorite, I wouldn’t be able to pick, each of the books were unique in their own way, and each one pulled you into the story until you realized how late it was. It happened to me while I was reading the books. THE TOWERING SKY has the most unexpected twist, that ending… There is part of me that wishes that there was at least another book, I feel as if I need to know what happens after. Will the truth come out what happened to Avery? It wasn’t how I thought it would end, but at the same time I understood why she did it. I know that he is her brother, but it’s not like he is her biological brother, he’s her adoptive brother but everyone seems to have forgotten that. The way that she was treated after truth came out, that’s bullying and it is not okay. It’s no wonder that she wanted an escape.



I was hoping for Leda and Watt to get back together, and it was clear how miserable she was without him. I was waiting for her to come to her senses. I was smiling when she actually did. I do wonder how she would react, once she knows the truth about Avery. I cannot even imagine how she must be feeling, thinking that Avery killed herself. I feel as if she might understand, considering what Avery’s parents did once they found out about Avery and Atlas. I had a feeling that the truth would come out at some point. I do wish that Max did not get hurt in process, I liked him and it was clear how much he loved her. I wish that Avery ended things with him before he found out. I am kind of curious of what happened to him after. What about Atlas? What happened to him? If he knows the truth about Avery. I feel as if it is better if he doesn’t. Despite how much they love each other, their relationship been nothing but a disaster right from the start. I do wonder if two of them would reunite in the future.




Calliope, I was wondering when the truth would come out. Once it did, I wondered if she leave New York. I know that she cared for Brice more than she ever cared for anyone, even if she did not want to admit it at first. I actually liked the two of them together, I felt as he was a completely different person when he was around her, in a good way. I have this strong feeling that being with each other, change both of them. I was glad that she decided to stay in New York. Rylin, I was waiting for her to get back together with Cord, the two of them been playing this game since the first book. How could she not see it? I was waiting for her to come to her senses, and I knew she would at some point. There were so many emotions that went through me while I read The Thousandth Floor series, and I still find myself thinking about it. A Highly recommended series, the one that you will never forget and will find yourself coming back to.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon