Feb 1, 2012

Shatter Me,Shatter Me,#1

Posted by Jenia. at 2/01/2012 10:52:00 AM
Shatter Me.
Tahereh Mafi
Publisher:Harper Collins.
Publication Date:November 15,2011.
Genre:YA Dystopian, Romance.
Series:Shatter Me,#1.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|338
Source:Owned|Goodreads.

5STARS



Shatter Me was incredible debut novel by Taherah Mafi that girl has a lot of talent. This novel was unlike anything that I have read, it was different. From the moment that I read the first sentence: “I’ve been locked up for 264 days. I have nothing but a small notebook and a broken pen and the numbers in my head to keep me company” . From that sentence, I was drawn it. I wanted to see where she was and how she gotten there to begin with. I have heard about this book back in November so I asked for it for Christmas and I’m glad I did, it’s one of best books I read this year.






Juliette’s touch is lethal. The last time that she touched someone, he died. Anytime that she touches someone, something bad happens. The Reestablishment locked her up in Isolation for the murder of the little boy that she touched. Juliette hasn’t touched, seen or spoken to anyone in 264 days since she been taken away and put away in insulation. That all changes when Adam, her childhood crush becomes her cell mate. In beginning, Juliette has trouble trusting Adam, mostly because she’s not sure if he even remembers her. Overtimes she can’t stop her growing attraction and two of them form a bond.

Then, one day, Warner, one of leaders of the Reestablishments comes and takes her away. Warner, who’s seems to be obsessed with Juliette wants her to join The Reestablishment, to help them. However, Juliette refuses but Warner won’t give up till she agrees. Juliette tries to find a way to get out, to escape, anything so that she wouldn’t have to kill anyone. She will do anything, to have chance of freedom and to be with a boy she loves

I loved Juliette from very beginning, I also felt sorry for her in beginning for being locked up for so long. I think if I was in her situation I wouldn’t be able to make it that long, being locked up for so long, I would probably go crazy. I admired her strength, also her dedication to get out, to finally get her freedom. I loved the relationship, the tension between her and Adam, especially when they figured out they can touch each other. Those scenes were really intense but there was also so much love when they were together. When reading, I actually felt as I was Juliette, I could feel all those feelings that she was feeling while with Adam.

I hated Warner, I hated that he was forcing Juliette to touch, kill other people. Even though I could tell that he really cared about her, especially after that kiss. I was kind of hoping that Juliette killed him. I hated that he wanted to use her ability to cause pain to others. It made me wish that he wasn’t able to touch Juliette without being in pain, because then he would know how it felt like, how much pain there was.

I loved the relationship between Adam and his little brother, I could see that he really cared about him; he did everything he could, just to make sure that he would be safe. I did not see the ending coming but I loved it, I loved fact that there were camp where everyone is accepted, no matter what their ability is. I can’t wait to see what happens next, with Adam, Juliette and others. I’m curious to see what happens with Warner as well, if he’ll find Juliette and what he do when he does. This book was unlike any other I read, it had really unique writing style and it keeps you wondering what’s going happen next through the entire novel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare